Step 1: Apply to Kapi‘olani Community College
The first step in beginning your college career at KCC is completing a University of Hawai‘i (UH) System Application.
- Hard copy or On-line
- The application is FREE for Hawaii residents and $25 for non-Hawai‘i residents. (Parents/legal guardians MUST complete residency declaration on the application because it helps us determine if you are a resident of Hawai‘i.)
- Copies of your measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) shot records AND a recent tuberculosis (TB) shot (within the year prior to your first day at KCC)
- Questions about the on-line application can be directed to the Kekaulike Information and Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org 808-734-9555.
- Your acceptance letter, along with a list of instructions, will be e-mailed to you after we receive your completed on-line UH System Application to KCC.
Why is it important to fill out the application completely and accurately?
Filling out the application completely and accurately will help KCC determine your residency status. This could save you lots of time and money!
A complete and accurate will also speed up the time you get your acceptance to KCC. Normal processing for an application is a 1-2 weeks before you receive your acceptance letter.
Dual Enrollment Programs for High School Students
- Hawai‘i Department of Education High School Students
- Private High School Students
Submit your application to KCC
Applications can be submitted onine at http://apply.hawaii.edu or mailed to 4303 Diamond Head Road, Ilima 102 Honolulu, HI 96816.
Complete the FAFSA
You can begin the FAFSA at anytime, but you want to apply as early as possible. Financial aid is awarded on a first-completed first-awarded basis. Visit Step 2 to find out more about applying for financial aid.
Receive a letter
You should expect to receive a letter from KCC. That letter will either be your acceptance letter or a letter requesting more information. You should receive one of these letters 1 to 2 weeks after you've mailed in your application.
Activate your MyUH account
Once you've received your acceptance letter, you should activate your MyUH account. Step 3 shows you how to go about activating your MyUH account.
Sign up for New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation is one of the most important things you'll go through before you begin college. Fall sessions normally begin in February and run till July. Spring sessions begin in November and run till December. Visit Step 4 to sign up for a New Student Orientation.
Complete the COMPASS Placement Test
The COMPASS Test determines what courses you can register for. It is very important for you to be prepared when you take the COMPASS Test. Review Step 5 for more information on what to expect.
Submit health clearances
All students need to submit TB & MMR health clearances before they can sign up for classes. Read through step 6 to find out more about the health clearance requirements.
How easy was it to complete the application?
“The application was very simple and easy to complete”
“Easier than many other colleges I applied for”
“Really easy. But, if you needed help filling it out there was always a counselor willing to help you”
“It was easy. Just fill in your information and you’re done”